1.4K views

To whom it may concern:

On Nov.10, 2010, we purchased an infrared heater (model number 1500HL-W) at a price of $329.99, along with the protection plan at an additional cost of $69.99 on our Capital One credit card. The salesman, Richard Wells, was very nice and answered all of our questions, plus other questions from the 20 or more people who where at the Tractor Supply company in Spartanburg, SC, where they where having a product demonstration. We where told by the salesman that these heaters were in large demand, and they were shipped out as fast as they were received from the supplier. We later found out that our heater (model above) was a 2008 model, and two other models have been in production for the last 2 years. We received our heater on November 24, 2010, and for the first 6 days, we where happy with it. On the 7th day, we noticed that the heater never turned off at all, and it seemed to be much cooler than the previous 6 days of use. On December 6, 2010, we called the customer service number (1-877-490-4328) and spoke to "Iva", to relay our concerns. She said the heater needed to be calibrated and that she would mail us the information we needed to do that, and that it would arrive in one week. On December 15, 2010, we called Iva again, since we had not received our promised information. This time, she told us that our model heater has sat in a warehouse for several months before it was shipped to us, and because of this, and the particular model we bought, that the only way to calibrate the heater requires a different remote control than was shipped with our heater. We now have to wait 4 more weeks for the special remote to arrive. We called the number again on January 18, 2011, and for the first time, spoke to "Wendy". First, Wendy said that the remotes had been back ordered form their supplier, and had just arrived on January 17, 2011, Martin Luther King day, when the post office was closed. Later in the conversation she said the remotes had just arrived that morning ( 01/18/2011 ) and our remote would be sent to us that day by US mail, and she had no idea when we would receive it. Throughout the conversation, she was very rude and short with me, completely unprofessional. I have worked in customer service for over 47 years and would never treat anyone in the manner that my husband and I have been treated. We feel we are being taken advantage of because we are senior citizens. We are afraid that we may never see this mysterious remote. The warranty states that they will pay return shipping fees for the first 90 days only, should we decide to return the heater. We feel that the company is only delaying us long enough for this time period to expire, and by the time we get the remote, not only will the time period have expired, but also, the cold weather will just about be over.

Any help you can give us would be greatly appreciated. So far this winter, we have seen a huge increase in our heating and electric bills, instead of the 30 to 50% decrease we where promised with this heater. You may contact me at the email address above, or by phone at 864-804-0897.

Best regards,

Penny A. Southerland

21 2nd Street

Inman, SC 29349-1738

Had an Experience with Living Well Company?

Comments

#531985

I am sorry for the mix up in the last post, the email we have does not seem to be working correctly.

#531982

We have tried to contact you by phone and email but you and John both have voice-mail boxes that have not been set up.We do not have an email address for you or John so I will send a letter to see if this issue has been resolved.

If you get this message before the letter please call me at (877) 490-4328.

As Michael stated above, this is the first time were made aware of this situation.I look forward to speaking with you.

This is the first time that I have seen this site or this complaint.However, I will gladly fix the problem if it has not already been resolved.

We want 100% customer satisfaction.

Please feel free to email me directly at michael@heatalot.com.

Michael Munsterman

to Michael Munsterman, CEO The Li Derry, New Hampshire, United States #1070783

Michael I bought a heater and warranty but the number I call is no longer in service how di I contact for new replacement bulb

to Laura #1136050

You will never ever in your lifetime see replacement bulbs. Michael and his "business" have long been gone and you aren't the only one he stiffed. If I were you I would throw the heater in the trash and try a product where the owner thinks about that customers before he thinks about himself.

if you used the heater for only 6 days how can it be responsible for any of your increase in costs. If it was not working properly you should not have continued to use it.